Choosing the right Building Inspector when you’re putting an offer on a house or building your own home, can be the difference between costing or saving you hundreds or even thousands of dollars. You want to be sure you have done everything you can, to avoid a repair or renovation bill for any hidden surprises.
We have already covered some of the issues you can encounter between different inspection companies, in our previous blog What to look for in a Building Inspector.
Today we are offering you a list of questions which we believe are imperative to ask, before you book your inspection.
- Is the person conducting the inspection (that is visiting the property) a registered builder?
- How much experience do they have in conducting these sort of inspections?
- How many homes have they built?
- Do you have Professional Indemnity Insurance?
- Please may I see some independent reviews from other clients?
- May I see a sample report?
- Can you advise me on the best way to remedy any issues you may identify?
- May I speak to the building inspector after the inspection if I have any queries or concerns?
- When can you do the inspection?
- When will I get my report?
We encourage you to call around, and don’t be scared to ask these questions (as well as any others specific to your needs!), until you feel comfortable with all the answers.
Please read our FAQ page while you’re here, where you will find our answers to many of these questions above – or give us a call and ask away!
(Pssst… we also encourage you to call early and book ahead of time. Because Andrew does ALL inspections himself, he does tend to book out early!)