ProConsult is owned and operated by Andrew Scales. He offers more than 35 years building and construction experience across Australia and the UK, and is accredited with the Chartered Institute of Building and the Australian Institute of Building.
Accreditation & Insurance
Chartered Building and Property Consultant
Phone ~ 0407 477 600
E-mail ~ email@example.com
- Registered Builder 10599
- More than 35 years experience in the building and construction industry
- Degree in Construction, Design & Management
- A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Member of Building Inspectors Association of WA
- Foundation and committee member of Inspect WA
- Diploma of Property
- Performs every property inspection himself
- Always available for follow ups and advice
- Commercial Developments
- Maintenance Requirements
- Mine Sites
- Common Sense
Andrew was born in the UK and grew up in the building industry following in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. He completed his apprenticeship in carpentry and later went on to complete his building qualifications. He started his first business at the age of 20 and has never looked back. Once he had some experience under his belt he completed further studies with a Degree in Construction to obtain his Chartered Building qualification. He is now a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building.
He moved to Australia in 1998 where he has worked in managerial and executive roles of large building companies as well as running his own prestige building operation. Since 2012 Andrew has been sharing his vast wealth of personal knowledge and experience through advisory roles as a full time Building Inspector & Consultant.
During his career he has gained experience in a variety of different areas including:
- Residential home building
- Commercial developments and renovations
- Large multi-unit developments
- Heritage consultations in Perth
- Building mining camp sites
- Shopping centre renovations
- Award Winning Carpenter & Builder in Heritage restorations of 14,15, 16, 17, 18 Century Homes (UK)
- Insurance assessments and repairs
His specialities include
- A superior knowledge of building techniques to overcome and address many obstacles
- The ability to figure out why a building element is not behaving in the expected manner
- Problem solving skills to find an effective solution to any building issues.
- An understanding of the real estate buy/sell process with his own diploma of Property
- Common sense
His skills include, but are not limited to
- Running large building sites and teams
- Mediation and conflict management
- A full understanding of every element of the build process and its impact on the rest of the building – not looking at things in isolation.
- An understanding of different building techniques over the years and an appreciation of the pros and cons of each of these.
He has worked in many voluntary and committee type roles including
- Treasurer for Inspect WA
- Foundation member of Inspect WA
- WA Chair for CIOB
- HIA housing awards senior judge
- Guest presentations at universities
- Served on various panels and committees on building related subjects
Phone ~ 0421 391 491
E-mail ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirsty grew up in Zimbabwe where she qualified as a Chartered Accountant and worked her way up to partnership at Deloitte. She has been in Australia since 2004 and now keeps Andrew on track, doing all the admin for the business.
She has worked alongside Andrew since 2005 so has a vast knowledge of all that he does. They have run several building companies together, built their own houses and managed investment properties. She is competent to answer any of your questions about the building or inspection process as well as the wider buying/selling property scene.