ProConsult is owned and operated by Andrew Scales. He offers more than 35 years building and construction experience across Australia and the UK, and is accredited with the Chartered Institute of Building and the Australian Institute of Building.
Chartered Building and Property Consultant
- More than 35 years experience in the building and construction industry
- Degree in Construction, Design & Management
- A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Diploma of Property
- Registered Builder 10599
Andrew was born in the UK and grew up in the building industry following in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. He completed his apprenticeship in carpentry and later went on to complete his building qualifications. He started his first business at the age of 20 and has never looked back. Once he had some experience under his belt he completed further studies with a Degree in Construction to obtain his Chartered Building qualification. He is now a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building.
He moved to Australia in 1998 where he has worked in managerial and executive roles of large building companies, a building company working in insurance repairs, as well as running his own prestige building operation. Since 2012 Andrew has been sharing his vast wealth of personal knowledge and experience through advisory roles as a full time Building Inspector & Property Consultant.
Master Carpenter & at one time had 68 Carpenters working for him in England (Contract housing and Commercial Centres)
- Gained NHBC Builder Status
- Award Winning Carpenter & Builder in Heritage restorations of 14,15, 16, 17, 18 Century Homes
- Became Construction Director with Bewick Homes England Built Niche Luxury Home Developments 75 Homes per year approx.
- Completed Construction Degree
- Awarded Chartered Builder Status with Chartered Institute Of Building International
- Moved to Perth WA
- Gained WA Registered Builders Licence
- Became Construction Manager Oswald Homes & J-Corp Group
- WA Chairman for the Chartered Institute of Building & worked with AIB & Universities (Voluntary)
- Various responsibilities with the HIA
- General Manager & Registered Builder for Central Building & Maintenance Group.
We employed 15 building Supervisors and served the Insurance & Mining Industries as the major rebuild specialists and general specialised building contractors.
- Owner Evolution Homes WA building Luxury Custom Designed Homes
- Built Homes in the Pilbara & Constructed Mine Camps also during this period.
- Building Inspector & Structural Consultant
- Gained and completed "Diploma of Property"
- Became a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
2014 to date:
My wife Kirsty, a Chartered Accountant by profession, and myself now run:-
- Professional Property Consulting "ProConsult" General Building & Termite Inspections & a general consultant to the Construction Industry.
Andrew has worked on or, project managed just about every type of building & construction site throughout WA & the UK.
The varying site and soil conditions throughout the UK & WA are vastly different and the way all types of buildings and materials work depending upon the age and types are very important. I have been lucky to have covered all throughout my career and my qualifications and experience in most cases exceed that of most Structural Engineers.
Kirsty grew up in Zimbabwe, riding her elephant to school every day after feeding her pet lion. No, not really, she is a boring Chartered Accountant!! She keeps Andrew on track and does all the admin for the business.